Pfizer – Train Yourself – Back-End Software Engineering (2020)
PHP is the most popular server-side programming language, with a market share of 79%, and a basic component of the popular LAMP stack (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP), one of the first fully open source stacks for the web, and still one of the most popular solutions for delivering web applications. In addition, it is the language powering many popular back-end CMS systems like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and Magento.
Originally introduced in 1994 as one of the first general purpose languages designed specifically for web application, PHP’s popularity with developers, open source and continuously evolving nature, as well as ease of use and flexibility have allowed it to maintain its role as the market’s leading back end development language.
Laravel is an open source, PHP based web application framework, introduced originally by Taylor Otwell in 2011 and now hosted on GitHub and available under the MIT license. Laravel aims to improve the process of developing rich, modern web applications through easing common tasks such as authentication, management of sessions, caching and database communication.
Laravel’s structure enables the development of PHP server side application based on the MVC (Model-View-Controller) software architectural pattern, a widely used, industry standard software design model based on the fundamental principle of separating internal object representation from the interface elements, allowing for improved compartmentalization and promoting code reusability.
This specific Code.Learn program lasts 2 Weekends (Saturday & Sunday) with 32 hours of lectures and hands-on exercise on real-life case studies and projects via virtual classroom environment and online collaboration platforms.
- Weekend 1
-Saturday 21/11 (9.45 – 17.15)
-Sunday 22/11 (10.15 – 17.45)
- Weekend 2
-Saturday 28/11 (10.15 – 17.45)
-Sunday 29/11 (10.15 – 17.45)
Key Objectives – Curriculum (High Level):
This program will present, explore and adequately cover with extended hands-on sessions & real-life case studies the following areas:
- Introduction to PHP and Dynamic Webpages
- PHP/HTML Form Submission and Validation
- Introduction to MySQL and Relational Databases
- Integrating MySQL with PHP Applications
- OOP & PHP Classes
- MVC Software Architectural Pattern
- Web Application Frameworks and Laravel
- Installing Laravel and Using Composer
- Application Structure (folders etc)
- Laravel Concepts and Basics
- App Scaffolding with CLI tool (Artisan)
- Configuration, Routing, Middleware, Namespaces
- Controllers, Request, Cookie, Response, Redirections
- Database Communication with Laravel
- Eloquent – ORM (Object Relational Mapper)
- Restful controllers
- Introduction to Asynchronous Communication (AJAX) and JSON
- Management & Tech leading Concepts
- ORM & Rest
- Effective Error Handing in Laravel
- User Authentication with Laravel
- Authorization, Encryption, Hashing
- Testing endpoints (CLI)
- Creating and Running Tests with Laravel
- Protecting routes
- Passport – Bearer token
- Sanctum – Cookie
- Security Best Practices in PHP and Laravel
- Laravel Utilities
- Project Development
- Restful API – Project Presentation
The lessons will be carried out in an online environment as a virtual classroom, with live connection with the instructor through video conferencing.
Computer scientists, software engineers and developers that want to boost their career as web developers (client side, server side, full stack) are welcome to participate to this code.learn program and unlock the full potentiality of the topics taught by upskilling their future career.
Participants are expected to have:
- Knowledge & working experience with any back-end framework
- Knowledge & working experience with any DBMS
- Understanding of MVC Software Architectural Pattern
- Energy, initiative, and a positive attitude
- Teamwork spirit and strong communication skills
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Fulfilled military obligations (For Men)