Summer Tech Camp – From Zero to Hero!
“Programming From Zero to Hero!”
“Programming From Zero to Hero” is the Summer Camp powered by Code.Hub.
Our vision for this program is to apply cutting-edge technological trends in combination with advanced teaching methods for students that want to invest their time for the benefit of their digital literacy.
This vision is structured as a framework of four main pillars that exist under the general aim of the accomplishment/ completion of programming projects/ challenges that will formulate student’s early programming profile. The main program’s pillars are the following:
- Mathematics through the data science field (algorithms, statistics, analytics, AI, ML)
- Programming principles, methodologies and projects development
- Familiarization with electronics, hardware devices and corresponding components programming
- Software Engineering mindset, collaboration & team building.
We believe that each student should and can acquire the appropriate knowledge in programming languages following the current developments in the field of Information Technology as early as possible on his/her educational journey.
Our goals focus on the development of skills and competences related to the use of code, the cultivation of algorithmic skills and way of thinking and the empowerment of the students with the principles and software engineering mindset.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Work and collaborate in teams and effectively coordinate team efforts
- Analyse the requirements of a real project and make informed design decisions
- Develop skills and competences related to the use of code
- Grasp the principles of programming and cultivate a software engineering mindset
- Understand modern programming approaches, tools and methods
- Utilize programming tools to perform complex tasks
- Develop a prototype
- Conduct testing and propose valuable improvements
- Understand the current industry status and explore possible career opportunities
- Building the Software Engineering Mindset and Enabling Agility
Familiarization and comprehension of the principals of software engineering and Agile methodologies.
- Programming (from Zero to Hero)
Hands-on experience through coding in one of the most contemporary and popular programming languages.
- The Era of Data
Statistics, Data Analysis, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Internet of Things (ΙοΤ)
Introduction to the Internet of Things. Familiarization with digital/electronic devices and fixtures.
- Tech Industry & Universities Reality
Insights on the field of Information and Technology concerning academic and work environment issues from leading market experts.
Duration: 2 week (13 – 24 July, 2020)
Teaching Method: Online – Virtual Classroom
Courses are conducted as Virtual Classrooms, with live connections with an instructor by using a suitable online video conferencing tool. The instructor provides the taught material through screen sharing, live broadcast, or by working on the cloud where attendees can see everything in real-time. Attendees themselves can seamlessly and actively participate and ask questions, as they would in a physical classroom. Additionally, they can collaborate in team projects and deliver assignments and hands-on projects that the instructor can see and provide feedback without delays.
- 30 training hours
- Additional speeches from industry experts
- Personal and group project evaluation
- Certification of attendance and completion
Target Group: Students of ages thirteen (13) till seventeen (17).