System Admin & Advanced Scripting
Linux operating systems are a top choice for cloud and infrastructure servers. Effective administration and management of Linux environments is a valuable skill, necessary for success in many computing scenarios and stacks.
The Code.Learn System Admin & Advanced Scripting program, designed in exclusive collaboration with Athens Tech College, provides participants with the required knowledge to effectively configure, manage and maintain Linux-based environments. Through practical, hands-on scenarios participants will be taught the basics of Linux, including how to manage files, use regular expressions, and schedule tasks. Furthermore, participants will learn how to secure Linux systems by correctly configuring users and groups, using the OpenSSH service and the firewall as well as installing updates and software packages. In addition to configuring, participants will also learn how to maintain Linux systems by troubleshooting and recording/analyzing logs. By the end of the course, participants will have obtained all the necessary knowledge to perform basic Linux system administration and maintenance tasks.
The key learning objectives of this program can be summarized as follows:
- Managing Files From the Command Line
- Getting Help in Linux
- Creating Viewing and Editing Text Files
- Using Regular Expressions with grep
- Scheduling Future Linux Tasks
- Managing Local Linux Users and Groups (overview)
- Controlling Services and Daemons
- Configuring and Securing OpenSSH Service (overview)
- Analyzing and Storing Logs
- Installing and Updating Software Packages
- Managing Networking
- Limiting Network Communication with firewalld
- Adding Disks, Partitions and File Systems to a Linux System
- Managing Logical Volume Management (LVM) Storage
- Controlling and Troubleshooting the Boot Process
- High Availability Cluster ( Optional | Overview)
Higher education graduates in one of the following fields:
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Web and Mobile Development
- Computer Engineering
- or any other relevant area
No prerequisite knowledge is required.
Sessions can be carried out:
- Live in a physical classroom
- Live online through video conferencing environments
- Using a Hybrid combination of both live physical and online approaches
The teaching method will depend on the conditions at the time the training will run and on the participants’ preferences.
- PREMISES: Code.Hub Training Center: Leof. Alexandras 205, Athina 115 23