Internet of Things (IoT)
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a network infrastructure that encompasses a large family of smart and critical applications and transparently connects a massive number of small, low-cost, and low-power devices with sensing and communication capabilities spread all over the environment (ambient intelligence), in objects (embedded computing), and on the body (wearable computing). These devices feature embedded intelligence and seamlessly interact and cooperate without human intervention. Contrary to typical network applications, where the target is to reach a specific internet protocol (IP), IoT applications aim at reaching a specific content/service.
Through this Code.Learn Internet of Things (IoT) program designed in exclusive collaboration with Athens Tech College, participants will learn all IoT Components and Key Technologies, flow-based programming using Node-RED and will implement an IoT Project using Arduino.
The key learning objectives of this program can be summarized as follows:
- Main terminology, OSI model, short range wireless networks, Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs), and protocols for IoT
- Cloud Computing, Big Data, and computing platforms in the context of IoT
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) wireless technology & Electronic Product Code (EPC)
- Arduino / Arduino Uno, simulation platform
- Raspberry Pi
- Real-world example: Arduino Uno and ThingSpeak
- Node-RED programming tool
- Introduction and installation guidance
- Example of creating a flow in Node-RED
- Weather alert Application example in Node-RED
- Dashboards and User Interfaces at Node-RED
- Nodes in Node-RED (MQTT, Switch, Change, RBE, Range)
- WebSockets and TCP in Node-RED
- Building a simple web service using Node-RED’s built-in HTTP nodes
Higher education graduates in one of the following fields:
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Web and Mobile Development
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- or any other relevant area
No prerequisite knowledge is required.
Sessions can be carried out:
- Live in a physical classroom
- Live online through video conferencing environments
- Using a Hybrid combination of both live physical and online approaches
The teaching method will depend on the conditions at the time the training will run and on the participants’ preferences.
- PREMISES: Code.Hub Training Center: Leof. Alexandras 205, Athina 115 23