Unity | 2D Game Development
Unity is one of the most popular game engines, supporting the development of experiences in desktop, console, mobile, virtual reality, and more. Used in gaming but also in film and simulation, Unity can be used to create first-class experiences using ready-to-go assets from the Unity Asset Store and C# programming and is provided free of charge for projects with income lower than 100K dollars per year.
Participants will create a 2D mini adventure point & click game that will formulate a complete game experience with a concrete beginning, mid, and end. During the course of this training, specific guidelines and methods will be given for script creation, level, and puzzle design, as well as for the actual methodologies and practices that can bring all of the assets together and program them into a functional scene of an adventure game in Unity. In addition, music and sound effects will be added as well as voice acting from text to speech engine. By the end of the course, participants will test the developed game and will perform the necessary bug-fixing activities in order to feel confident and proud of their final artifact.
The key learning objectives of this program can be summarized as follows:
- Understand the principles of game development in Unity.
- Learn how to create complete scripts to support levels and puzzles.
- Integrate assets to create functional scenes.
- Learn how to add music and other sound effects.
- Use the Unity Text-To-Speech Engine.
- Performing testing and debugging.
Higher education graduates in one of the following fields:
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Web and Mobile Development
- Game Development
- Computer Engineering
- or any other relevant area
Some familiarity with game engines will be beneficial.
Sessions can be carried out:
- Live in a physical classroom
- Live online through video conferencing environments
- Using a Hybrid combination of both live physical and online approaches
The teaching method will depend on the conditions at the time the training will run and on the participants’ preferences.
- PREMISES: Code.Hub Training Center: Leof. Alexandras 205, Athina 115 23